Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another wasted day

Following a very early morning, I returned to bed and read and slept until the early afternoon which I spent watching DVD's. Bright Star makes me wish I had studied English and spent my life researching the works, lives and loves of people who have managed to move the world.

Bright star, would I were stedfast as thou art--

Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
And watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors--
No--yet still stedfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever--or else swoon to death.

I have wasted the day away with frivilous pursuits and so, despite a sunny and warm autumn day, have achieved nothing - not even dressing! A fresh start tomorrow, although will have to divide my time between the house and preparing for the new term.