Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Not superwoman after all!

I clearly over-estimated how many jobs I could do in a day! Of my ambitious list, the only tasks I actually completed were opening the upstairs window to investigate the significance of the cracks, & cleaning the upstairs bedroom.


Good news and bad news. The good news is that the water only seems to be getting through at window sill level and so the roof isn't leaking (at this location anyway). The bad news is twofold. Firstly, the crack goes right through to the inside of the house and is bigger on the inside than the outside. Secondly, the pattern of mould in the piano room suggests that the water is also coming in through the crack where pavement asphalt meets the house.









I've contacted a structural engineer (who is bound to be on holiday until the 15th of January). I've also emailed a couple of crack repair companies for quotes (also bound to be closed until the 15th). This job is officially on hold until I hear back from one or other.

I need to remind myself of at least one nice thing I've done each day, so I can look back and see that there are some positives. Today it was lunch at Vogel Street Kitchen with Steph, Nick and Lisa. Also having Nick and Steph sorting through stuff in Steph's old room. Working together was really fun.