Wednesday, December 19, 2012

concrete pour!

Concreting day!
Today involved a lot of sitting around and waiting for the concrete truck to arrive. At long last the team turned up and the pour began. The only concerns for today were the plight of a wee lizard that I thought may have been stuck in the wet cement for a while (like until it moved), and Kirk's disappointment at my not etching my name or my palm print in the wet concrete for posterity. I know....its important to leave your mark on your build, so I promise to leave a little bit of myself in one of the paving stones in the courtyard Kirk.

The concrete crew arrive and start pouring

Pouring - they did pose...flash took too long to kick in!
The finished pour as seen from first landing


The finished pour as seen from the lounge doorway