Friday, January 29, 2010

Two months later....

Well, it has been 2 months and next to no progress on the house. Why is everything so hard? I am working on the back toilet again while waiting waiting waiting for my new builder (hopefully) to be free to start on bathroom etc. My biggest problem is lack of confidence and obviously, lack of expertise which of course is the foundation for the confidence problem. I have removed most of the loose layer of cement on the offending wall but don't know how far I should take it back? There is mould growing on the wall which means etching with acid but it is inside and a small room with very little ventilation and no drainage...so not a practical solution. Do I apply the waterpoof sealant before a new layer of cement to smooth the bumps and hollows or do I apply the cement first and then the sealant? How will I know if the wall is level while plastering? Does it matter?